There are several reunions planned for this fall!
Class of 1979 - Saturday, August 31, 2019 at McCoy Stadium. The BBQ tent opens at 4:15 p.m. and the PawSox vs. Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs game begins at 6:15 p.m. MoTown fireworks follow. Join your classmates for a memorable night while the PawSox are still in town! Contact is Susan Detri-Souve, email@example.com, or Russ St. George, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tickets are $35.
Class of 1994 - Saturday, Sept. 28. Meet your classmates at the West Cafeteria for a reception - the cafe. was renovated a few years back and is dedicated to the late Shawn Nassaney '94, a victim of the Sept. 11 attacks. The reception is followed by a reception at Twin River Miracle Bar in Lincoln. Save the Dates have gone out.
Class of 1999- Stay tuned for details! Planning is under way for a Saturday, October 12, 2019 reunion at Snookers.
Your Reunion Committee: The Key to a Successful Reunion
SRA recommends a reunion committee of at least 5 members must be established to assist with planning reunion events and to recruit fellow classmates to attend them.
Reunion Committee Responsibilities
- Read and have a clear understanding of the expectations for a class reunion
- Support the mission of the Alumni Association
- Research, organize, and implement events for the reunion
- Recruit and work with a committee of at least 10 other volunteers
- Act as a liaison to the SRA Alumni Association
- Engage additional volunteers to assist with event planning and coordination
- Maintain regular contact with your Alumni staff liaison and the Alumni Association
- Work with the Alumni Relations Office to ensure the best possible publicity and promotion for the event 8 to 10 weeks prior to any event
- Complete a volunteer wrap-up form and email it to the Alumni Relations Office within seven business days of the event
Reunion Committee Member Qualifications
- You must be a SRA alumnus or an SRA faculty member
- Enthusiasm and pride for SRA
- General awareness of, and interest in current issues, trends, and events pertaining to SRA
- Flexibility and willingness to understand and collaborate with various entities of SRA
Alumni Association Reunion Services
- Advisory Services: A staff member is assigned to serve in an advisory capacity for reunion events. As the reunion host, you will have at least one program staff member assigned to work with you.
- Mailers: Addressed, stamped, and stuffed save-the-date reminders and invitations with all necessary information will go out to all prospective attendees for your reunion. The Association will take full responsibility for drafting, editing, printing, and mailing all marketing materials.
- Invitation Services: The Alumni Office will design, print, and mail an invitation to your guests. You will be expected to provide the information for the invitation and to proofread it before mailing.
- Web Page: Your class will also have a reunion Web page with details about the event, a link for online registration, and a list of committee members.
- Email Invitation: A save-the-date email invitation and reminder can be prepared and sent on your behalf to our online alumni community.
- Email Blasts: An email blast is an effective and cost-efficient way to communicate with a large number of people. Your staff liaison will create, schedule, and execute email blasts to your classmates who have given us their email addresses.
- Supplies: We will provide you with nametags for guests, SRA information, door prizes, and giveaway items for your reunion.
- Alumni Office Responsibilities: The Alumni Relations Office is responsible for approving venue locations, vendors, and deposits, and will sign all contracts as well as collect all registrations.
For more information or to inquire about a reunion, please contact Aimee Tortolano at 401-723-8100 Ext. 155 or email@example.com.
Include a “memorial table” so classmates can pay their respects.
Campus Tours- A new and popular addition!
Every tour is unique, but all include:
- A social hour with light snacks and drinks begins at the brand new, state-of-the-art, Joseph and Blanche Coutu Theater, if it is available on the date you choose. Other campus options may be available if not. Old friends greet each other, in the Navigant Art Gallery, with warm smiles and hugs and begin their merriment over refreshments.
- A table dedicated to the memory of those they’ve lost along the way is set up for class members to pay their respects.
- A full tour of campus facilities follows a greeting from the Principal and the Alumni Director. The nostalgia is tangible as the tour winds through their old hallways, visiting classrooms and cafeterias.
- Adding Mass to the beginning or end of the tour is welcome, and common, but not mandatory.
Every class has absolutely loved their tour experience. One class representative stated, “The tour really influenced the atmosphere of our reunion. The energy and excitement showed throughout the rest of the night. People couldn’t stop talking about it!”
Class of 1969 - May 17-18, 2019
50th Class Reunion