Applying to SRA
Saint Raphael Academy welcomes applications to grades 9, 10 and 11. Our main entry point is the 9th grade, but we also accept applications for the upper grades. (Please see the “Transfer Student” section of our website, as the process is slightly different.)
In the fall of 8th grade, Saint Raphael Academy encourages students to officially begin the admissions process. Applicants should complete the following steps to ensure that all of the proper paperwork/materials are submitted on time and the entrance test can be taken in early December. Late applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will require at least 10 business days after the receipt of the applicant’s transcript and entrance test scores before a decision is rendered. In accordance with rules set by the Diocese of Providence, decisions for next year’s freshmen class will be released at the end of January.
The Academy admits academically qualified students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. All applicants are reviewed by the members of the Admissions Committee, and all admissions decisions are based on past and current grades, prior standardized test scores, and a recommendation from the applicant’s current school.
We understand that the admissions process for incoming freshmen can be both exciting and daunting. As you journey though the high school decision-making process working to find the school that is the best fit for your child, please know that the SRA Admissions team is here to smooth your path and answer your questions. Feel free to reach out.
The application process for 8th grade students is as follows:
- Attend one or several of our virtual events. These are not required, but you are welcome and encouraged to sign up and will gain a better understanding of the Saints experience.
- Complete and submit the online application. For the application to be complete, you must submit the $40 application fee, which covers all costs associated with the applying to the Academy AND taking the Entrance Test. The Admissions Office will then request the applicant’s transcript and a recommendation from their current school.
- Take the Catholic High School Entrance Test.
- If you wish to be considered for need-based financial aid, complete a separate financial aid application through FACTS Tuition Management. You may list multiple high schools on your financial aid application. Applications become available on November 1, 2021. If a FACTS application is completed by the priority deadline of December 31, 2021, and if your student is accepted, you will be notified of the financial aid award with your acceptance letter.
- Receive a decision on Friday, January 28, 2022.
- Return your enrollment paperwork by March 1, 2022.
Date: Saturday, December 4 or 11, 2021
Time: 8:00am – 11:30 am (check-in begins at 7:30 am)
Place: SRA Alumni Hall (194 Walcott Street)
Who: All 8th graders applying to SRA must take the Entrance Test. Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot accept walk-ins. You must reserve a seat by completing the SRA Application for Admission at least 24 hours prior to the test.
When: Saturday, Dec. 4 or 11; doors open at 7:30am. Check your confirmation email to be sure you arrive on the correct day. The test will run from 8:00-11:30am.
Where: Saint Raphael Academy’s Alumni Hall at 194 Walcott Street. Use the Denver Street entrance. Classroom windows will be cracked open to allow for fresh air ventilation; students should dress in layers.
What to bring: You must bring the Entrance Test Questionnaire that was emailed directly to you. (For your convenience, you can also find the form here. You do not have to bring anything else with you.
Drop-off: Students will be met at their car where they will turn in their Entrance Test Questionnaire. Parents will not get out of the vehicle. Once cleared, students will enter the building.
Pickup: Parents are asked to park in the lot behind the church, text their child that they have arrived, and then remain in the car. Once students know their ride is on campus, they will be dismissed in an orderly fashion to avoid congestion.
Saint Raphael Academy has been open with full in-person learning all year. The safety protocols and cleaning procedures that we have in place have been keeping our community safe. We expect that they will keep you safe as well! Our priority continues to be the well-being of all Saints (current and prospective!) and ensuring a safe environment for all. We will have the following safeguards in place on both test dates:
- Students must register for the test ahead of time. (You do this by submitting an application. Applications should be received at least 24 hours prior to the exam.)
- Masks must be worn when indoors, but can be removed outdoors if you would like.
- The Entrance Test Questionnaire must be printed and completed prior to arrival. It must be handed in on your testing date to obtain entry.
- Students will sit in assigned seats and a seating chart will be recorded.
- Classrooms have air purifiers that run continuously.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in key locations throughout the building.
- Snack will not be offered since we do not want masks to be removed. Please plan accordingly by encouraging students to eat a healthy breakfast. Water will be available.
- If a student exhibits symptoms at any time, his/her testing will end, and the student will be isolated until the parent arrives for pickup.