Applying to SRA
Saint Raphael Academy is currently accepting applications for grades 9, 10, and 11.
The Academy admits academically qualified students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. All applicants are review by the members of the Admissions Committee and all admissions decisions are based on prior academic performance, standardized test scores, and a recommendation from the applicant’s current school.
Applicants for Grade 9
- Complete and submit the online Application for Admission. In order for the application to be complete, you must submit the $40 application fee, which covers all costs associated with the processing of an application and the Entrance Test.
- Take the Catholic High School Entrance Test, which is administered by the Academy in December. Register by completing an online application.
- Please note that while all applicants are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships during the admissions process, if you wish to be considered for need-based financial aid, you must complete a separate need-based financial aid application through FACTS Tuition Management.
The Admissions Office will request the applicant’s transcript and a recommendation from the applicant’s current school, and then the applicant will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee will begin sending decision letters at the beginning of February.
Applications received after December 21 will be considered on a rolling basis and will require at least 10 business days after receipt of the applicant’s transcript and entrance test scores before a decision is rendered.
Entrance Test Prep Class
Entrance Test Prep Class
Saturday, November 17, 2018
9 am -noon
43 Maynard Street, Pawtucket
This class will help students understand what to expect when they take the Catholic High School Entrance Test. This class will be taught by current Saint Raphael Academy faculty members and will include topics like test-taking strategies, tips for writing an entrance test essay, and a review of the math and verbal topics covered on the entrance test.
Pre-registration is required for this class. If you would like to pre-register for this class, please contact the Admissions Office at 401-723-8100. (This class usually fills up. Pre-register early to avoid being placed on the wait-list.) Pre-registration is now open, and will remain so until the class is full.
If you are pre-registered and you cannot attend, please inform the Admissions Office so that we may plan accordingly.
All applicants for grade 9 must take the Catholic High School Entrance Test in order to be considered for acceptance. The form of the test administered is the High School Placement Test (HSPT). All students are welcomed to take the test at Saint Raphael Academy, and if Saint Raphael Academy is an applicant’s first-choice high school, then the student should take the Entrance Test at the Academy.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
at 8:00 am
Alumni Hall, 194 Walcott Street, Pawtucket
Information about the Morning of the Entrance Test:
- Testers must check-in at Alumni Hall (located at 194 Walcott Street) by 8:00 a.m. Doors to Alumni Hall will open at 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the test. Pick-up will be at the same location at 12:45 pm.
- Calculators and cell phones are not allowed. Please leave them at home.
If you have any further questions about the Entrance Test, please contact the Admissions Office via phone: 401-723-8100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to seeing you on the morning of the test.