Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)
* Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year open October 1, 2021!
1. You will first need an ID. (An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education
(ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such
as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
2. Go to www.fafsa.gov and click “FSA ID” at the very top of the page. This will open a new window with www.studentaid.ed.gov
3. Click “create an FSA ID Now.” This will open a window where you can begin to create an account and ID to be used on your FAFSA
4. Go back to www.fafsa.gov and click “Start a New FAFSA”
5. You will need the tax return information for the previous two years—You will have access to the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to assist
CSS Profile - College Board
What is the CSS Profile? The CSS Profile is an online application that collects information used by nearly 400 colleges and scholarship
programs to award non-federal aid. (For federal aid you must complete the FAFSA, available Oct. 1 at fafsa.ed.gov.) Some colleges may
require the CSS Profile from both biological/adoptive parents in cases of divorce or separation.