- About Us
- Campus Life
- Campus Ministry/Pastoral Services
- Fine Arts
- Clubs & Organizations
- Purple and Gold Zone
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Athletics Schedule
- Athletic News
- Support SRA
- News & Events
Coutu Theater: The best seat in the house
On February 6, 2014
Greetings from Walcott Street!
In life there are those certain places–the places life seemed to center around at a particular time. The places that when you enter them after years of being away, you are brought right back to those wonderful times spent there.
Now, remember back to your days at Saint Raphael Academy. For many, the Lynch Gym in the West Building is that place. You may have performed on the stage or worked behind the scenes of a show. You had gym classes there, watched basketball games, cheered at pep rallies, worshiped at Mass, and attended dances where the Brothers made sure you left room for the Holy Spirit. Generations of SAINTS have been using that “place” since 1928.
This “place,” the old Lynch Gym, has been transformed into the Joseph & Blanche Coutu Theater. These renovations have given Saint Raphael Academy a new, 300-seat performance space, a 1,600 square-foot art gallery, a renovated ticket booth, and improved storage and set-design space. However, the plans do not include some of the finishing touches: the latest technologies and rigging in lighting and sound. We seek your help to ensure that our theater has all of these finishing touches.
By contributing to this noble cause, not only will the best seat in the house have your name on it, the name of a loved one, or the name of a favorite faculty member, but you will help give our students the best performance space possible.
Mr. Terry Murray
Here’s how it works:
- Producer’s Circle – $2,000+Four seats in the orchestra section with one engraved plate on each AND free admission for four to every Saint Raphael Academy performance held during the first two years.
- Director’s Circle – $1,000 to $1,999Two seats in the orchestra section with an engraved plate on each AND free admission for two to every Saint Raphael Academy performance held during the first two years.
- Designer’s Circle – $400One seat in the theater with one engraved plate.
- Stage Manager’s Circle – $200One of two engraved plates on one seat in the theater.
*All gits are tax-deductible.
We need your help to ensure that the Coutu Theater is a quality performance space that is enhanced with the latest technologies. We will be forever grateful for your support, and you will be forever etched into the history of the Coutu Theater and the Fine Arts Program at Saint Raphael Academy.
Space is limited!
Download, print, and mail the Beat Seat in the House Order Form to:
Attn: Terry Murray
Saint Raphael Academy
123 Walcott Street
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Please contact Terry Murray at email@example.com or (401) 723-8100, extension 155, with any questions.