- About Us
- Campus Life
- Campus Ministry/Pastoral Services
- Fine Arts
- Clubs & Organizations
- Purple and Gold Zone
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Athletics Schedule
- Athletic News
- Support SRA
- News & Events
All applicants for grade 9 must take the Catholic High School Entrance Test in order to be considered for acceptance. The form of the test administered is the High School Placement Test (HSPT).
All students are welcomed to take the test at Saint Raphael Academy, and if Saint Raphael Academy is an applicant’s first-choice high school, then the student should take the Entrance Test at the Academy.
The Entrance Test will be administered on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 8:00 am.
To reserve your seat, simply complete an online Application for Admission (available October 1, 2017), indicate that you plan on taking the Entrance Test at Saint Raphael Academy on the application, and complete with the $40 application fee.
If time does not allow for an application to be filed prior to the test date, please call the Admissions Office (401-723-8100, extension 134) to reserve your seat and we will offer an onsite opportunity for you to complete the application and pay the $40 application fee. Please plan to arrive when the doors open at 7:30 a.m. to ensure enough time for you to complete the application.
Walk-ins will also be allowed on the morning of the test, but to ensure a smooth start to the morning of the test, please come with your application completed and your $40 application fee ready to be submitted.
If you cannot make any of the Saturday test dates held in December, an individual appointment to take the test can be made. To schedule an appointment to take the test at Saint Raphael Academy, please contact Jennifer Luiz, Assistant Director of Admissions (via phone: 401-723-8100, extension 134, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are taking the Entrance Test at another Catholic high school, please be sure to list the Academy as one of your top three choices for high school on the test date to ensure that your scores are forwarded to the Academy.
If an applicant takes the Entrance Test at Saint Raphael Academy on one of the December test dates, results will be received by mid-January in the Admissions Office. These results will be automatically forwarded to all applicants who listed Saint Raphael Academy as their first-choice high school, as an attachment to the Admissions Committee’s decision letter, the first round of which will be sent out at the end of January 2018.
If you are taking the Entrance Test at the Academy, the following information will be helpful to you:
- The Entrance Test will be held in the East Building. Applicants are asked to check-in at Alumni Hall (adjacent to the East Building and located at 194 Walcott Street) by 8:00 a.m. All applicants must check-in whether they pre-registered for the test or not. Doors to Alumni Hall will open at 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the test.
- Parking is available in the lot at Holy Family Church across the street.
- Even though it is recommended that applicants pre-register, applicants can register on the morning of the test. If so, please arrive by 7:45 a.m. to allow enough time to complete the registration process. To ensure a smooth start to the morning, applicants are encouraged to arrive with the online Application for Admission already completed.
- Parents and guardians are then invited to join the Parents Association in the Multi-purpose Room in Alumni Hall for coffee and pastries. Prospective parents will have the opportunity to chat with current SRA parents. The school store will also be open for business.
- Applicants are asked to dress appropriately, yet comfortably, and should eat breakfast before arriving.
- Applicants should bring two number-two pencils with them on the test date and should be prepared to produce the following information: first name, last name, middle initial, gender, age, birthday, home address (including zip code), home phone number, the name of their current school, and the name of their first-, second-, and third-choice high schools to which they wish to have their test scores sent.
- Calculators are not allowed. Please leave them at home.
- Applicants will be instructed to turn off and put away their cell phones and other electronic devices for the duration of the testing period. If an applicant is found using their cell phone or other electronic device during the testing period they will be asked to leave. It may be best to just leave these items at home.
- A snack will be provided to applicants during the test, however, if an applicant wishes to bring additional snacks, they may.
- Applicants should plan on being picked up at 12:45 p.m. at the East Building.
If you have any further questions about the Entrance Test, please contact Michelle Carrara, Director of Admissions (via phone: 401-723-8100, extension 116, or via email: email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you on the morning of the test.