- About Us
- Campus Life
- Campus Ministry/Pastoral Services
- Fine Arts
- Clubs & Organizations
- Purple and Gold Zone
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Athletics Schedule
- Athletic News
- Support SRA
- News & Events
Principal’s Newsletter – December 2014
On December 9, 2014
December 5, 2014
Happy Advent Season & Merry Christmas!
The Advent Season is here and we are all excited and full of anticipation for Christmas Day (and the vacation days to follow). As the 2014 year comes to a close, I think this is a great time to reflect on many of our blessings. I am going to take a few moments and highlight some of my daily blessings: We have awesome students at our Academy! Every day I am impressed by the quality of our students, and the numerous ways they support and nurture their fellow classmates. You should be very proud of your sons and daughters! I am also blessed to have such an amazing group of faculty and staff working with me at Saint Rays. They expend a great deal of time and attention for your children; and they are always committed to the formation of not only your child’s mind, but also their character. The Saints faculty and staff are certainly a special gift to our Academy!
Our community is also blessed by a strong, vibrant Parent Association that works relentlessly to help our mission at Saint Raphael Academy. Our Jazz ‘N Pop night is a perfect example of this type of dedication. The Saints parents, in concert with Father Mark, did an outstanding job (again) of hosting a wonderful community-wide event and raised a HUGE sum of money for our school. The last group I would like to highlight are our Saints alumni. They are a critical part of our school and many of our wonderful projects (Alumni Hall, Coutu Theater, Security System) wouldn’t have happened without their prayers and gifts. Additionally, the many gifts that we receive daily from our alumni are used to provide financial support for over 70% of our current students. Our Saints parents and alumni are huge contributors to our community and I truly appreciate their support for our students and our Saints community.
During the last year, we have experienced tremendous success in the classroom, on the athletic fields/courts and on stage at the Coutu Theater. In addition, your children have volunteered thousands of hours of community service and our Pastoral Services is second to none. All of these accolades are wonderful, but what makes us unique are the tremendous relationships that are developed and fostered on Walcott Street every single day at Saint Raphael Academy. As I reflect on the past year, that is why I feel blessed — for all the people I have worked with, and will continue to work with — thank you for enriching my life at Saint Raphael Academy!
I have also attached a schedule of key dates and events for the month of December; please review at your leisure. Lastly, please take the time to remember we are in the Advent Season; a time of waiting and anticipation. Enjoy the wonderment of the season, and embrace the month of December as we prepare ourselves for the arrival of the Messiah.
Month of December Key Events and Dates
- December 4 – Early Dismissal (1:00) Saints Staff Meeting @ Coutu Theater
- Godspell opens at 7:30 @ Coutu Theater
- December 5 – Dress Down Day (Multi-Cultural Club)
- San Miguel Lasallian Youth 6:00 -7:00
- Godspell – 7:30 @ Coutu Theater (Thank you to Terry Murray)
- December 6 – Class of 2019 Entrance Test (8:00 -12:00) @ East Building
- Godspell – 7:30 @ Coutu Theater
- December 7 – Godspell – Final Performance at 2:00 @ Coutu Theater
- December 8 – Liturgy for Feast of Immaculate Conception (1:00) @ St Joseph’s Church
- December 9 – Mock Trial – 11:20 – 2:30 (Providence)
- Lasallian Youth Carol Party @ Darlington Assisted Living (6:00 -8:00pm)
- Saints Alumni Board Meeting – 7:00 -9:00pm @ Alumni Hall
- December 10 – Anatomy Field Trip to URI (All Day)
- College Finance Night for Senior Parents (Guidance Dept) 7:00pm @ Coutu Theater
- December 11 – Early Dismissal at 1:00 PM- Lasallian Assessment Review @ Coutu Theater (1:15)
- December 12 – Dress Down Day (Pastoral Services)
- Begin working on Progress Reports
- Lasallian Youth Trip to Lasalette (4:00 – 7:00pm)
- December 13 –Class of 2019 Make-up Test (8:00 -12:00) @ East Building
- December 17 – Christmas Basket Delivery
- December 18 – Christmas Basket Delivery
- Early Dismissal at 1:00pm (Department Meetings)
- December 19 – Early Dismissal for Christmas Break at 12:00PM
- Lunch for all SRA Personnel will be served at 12:15 in East Café
During the Christmas Break, Saint Raphael Academy will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on December 22, 23, 29 and 30. Offices will be closed on December 24, 25, 26, and 31 and January 1 and 2. Classes will resume on January 5.
Daniel J. Richard